Only a Diagnosis is not a Diagnosis
When you have a medical problem and a doctor tell you the name of the diagnosis, you are expecting something more. These are the characteristics that we think must be included in this moment between a patient and a doctor…
1. Grade the severity of the problem: low, medium, high
2.Establish a follow-up plan , with advices about signs of alarm
3. The patient must feel the real expertise of the doctor
4. The patient must feel a real interest from the side of the doctor
5. Share decisions and discuss the preferences of the patient.
6. The doctor always should transmit hope.